Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Cub Season Opener Today, But, I Am A Sox Fan


In a little while, I will be adjouring to Margaritaville to watch the Cubs play their season opener at Wrigley Field, which celebrates its 100th anniversary this year. Sure glad I'm not there as the weather is horrible. Temps are in the low 40s, with lots of wind and a cold that goes to your bones.

Now, I am more of a White Sox fan, but always tell folks I root for the Cubs... unless they play the Sox. People say you can't be both a Cub and Sox fan, but I am.

I looked at the Cubs roster and am sad to say that I only recognize seven names.

I do have a Cubs hat, but won't wear it until they get to the World Series, well, now I'll settle for playoffs. I did wear it back a few years ago after my all-time favorite Cub player, Ron Santo, died. He once gave me a ride home from Fremd High School in Palatine and even came in for a cup of coffee with my parents. Was I ever in the ozone that day.

Like I Said, Both a Cub and a Sox Fan. --RoadDog

No comments: