Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

OK, I Wasn't Saying Much About It, But...HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN!!

Even though I didn't say much about it, I sure was watching and cheering as I do for all of MY teams.  I don't usually mention the games as it is the kiss of death if I do.  I write, they lose.

But, now that the Blackhawks clinched their third Stanley Cup in six years, I feel safe to say something.

Not that Liz and I are superstitious or anything like that.  But, there is no need to tempt fate by doing something different that might result in a loss.

This is why I wore my "Fear the Feathers" tee shirt under my Bobby Hull Blackhawk jersey the whole Stanley Cup playoff with the Tampa Bay Lightning.  This is why I have worn my black Blackhawk hat with the American Legion poppy attached to it ever since the Hawks had to win that fifth game against the Detroit Redwings back in May of 2013.  They overcame a 1-3 deficit in games to win 4-3.

This is why Liz wears certain clothing and has her "Pucky" stuffed bear and "Tommy Hawk" Tyco always-stands-up ball figure as well as air horn bottle opener and "Chelsea Dagger" on her cell phone.

This is why we get after folks playing "Chelsea Dagger" during the game, not until the winning air horn goes off.

Those Lightning players were every bit as good as out guys and I'm sure they'll be back.  Hopefully, their ownership and city will be a little more friendly to Blackhawks fans next time.

Let's Do that "Chelsea Dagger" Chant!!  --RoadDog


SOME CRAZY SAYINGS (Last One):  Marathon runners with bad footwear suffer the agony of defeat.

No comments: