Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 4, 2016

Ten at 1967: "Penny Lane"

From Bob Stroud's Ten at Ten on WDRV, 97.1 FM in Chicago, April 4, 2016.

A great high school year for me at dear old Palatine High School, the old one by US-14, Northwest Highway in Palatine, Illinois.  This was the year that I met my wife Liz as well.  Bob Stroud rarely ever goes back to 1967, so have to enjoy it when I can.  I did.

I CAN SEE FOR MILES--  Who
WHITE RABBIT--  Jefferson Airplane
PENNY LANE--  Beatles

GIMME SOME LOVIN'--  Spencer Davis Group
GET TOGETHER--  Youngbloods
LIGHT MY FIRE--  Doors
PLEASANT VALLEY SUNDAY--  Monkees

LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER--  Rolling Stones
WHITER SHADE OF PALE--  Procul Harum
ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER--  Bob Dylan

Name That Tune (From Above):  "You Know That It Would Be Untrue."  --RoadDog

Of course, you can hear it again at 10 p.m. CDST.

THE JAPANESE ECONOMY IS SO BAD:  We are hearing that the Sumo Bank has gone belly up.


"Light My Fire"

No comments: