Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 18, 2016

I Did My Part for Record Store Day

I guess it is not National record Store Day anymore as they also have it in other countries.

I went to The Vinyl Frontier record store in McHenry, Illinois in the afternoon.  The place gets so crowded this day in the morning, I figured I'd miss some of the hub bub.  I didn't. there were 18 people in there and with the record racks being so close together, it was hard to move around.

The owner said that there had been 60 people in the place when he opened.  That had to be chaos.

I looked through most of the album racks.  I can tell you that few things are more fun than flipping through albums and looking for that special treasure.

I bought these albums:

Blue and Gray by Poco
Lady Willpower by Gary Puckett & the Union Gap
Young Girl by Gary Puckett & the Union Gap
Powerslide by New Riders of the Purple Sage
School's Out by Alice Cooper
In One Ear and Gone Tomorrow by the Buckinghams

These were all $3 albums, but for Record Store Day were marked down a dollar.

I also bought the CD Face to Face by the Kinks.

A Pretty Good Haul Even If I Do Say So.  --RoadDog

YOUR BANK'S IN TROUBLE WHEN:  Your monthly statements are handwritten, in crayon.

No comments: