Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, April 1, 2016

About Last Weekend-- Part 1: Lots of Civil War, Cheerwine and Loss of My Cassettes?

MARCH 26, SATURDAY--  Drove to Panera Bread Co. in Crystal Lake and met up with the rest of the McHenry County Civil War Round Table Discussion group to talk about Mobile Bay.  I'll be writing about this in my Running the Blockade Blog.

Afterwards, I went to Best Buy and Fresh Market, a very upscale store which I had found out sold that North Carolina treat, Cheerwine.  They do, but I still have two 2-liter bottles left from my last trip to North Carolina.  Went to Target for my usual bag of popcorn (some of the best in the world) and then went to Barnes & Noble and bought a CD and a Naval History magazine.

Then, drove to McHenry and went to Meijer and found out I should never go to Meijer the day before Easter.  The place was a madhouse with huge lines at every checkout counter.  I tried to buy my stuff at the outside nursery checkout, but they were having problems with it and I ended up back inside and managed to pick the slowest line.

I would have just left my stuff, but I had bought the last three 5-cassette bricks they had.  This could bring to an end my cassette recording once I run out of my stockpile.  I sure will miss my cassettes if that is the last of  them at Meijer.

Must Treasure My Last Cassettes.--  RoadDog

No comments: