Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Sure Gonna Miss Stan and Aretha


This past week has been a hard one with deaths.  First, we had Chicago great hockey player Stan Mikita die last week.  I have been wearing a Mikita #21 tee-shirt and a #21 jersey around in his honor and am surprised at how many people come up to me to talk about Stan Mikita.

Then Tuesday we heard that Aretha Franklin, the Queen of Soul and one of my favorite performers was near death and this morning she died.  When I heard Bob Stroud say something about her on WDRV, I started listening to You Tube's mix of her songs.  Right now I am listening to my "Aretha's Best" CD.

I'll be listening to a lot of her music the next couple days.

--RoadDog

No comments: