Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, August 5, 2018

WLS Top 40 for August 5, 1968-- Part 6: "Light My Fire" (Not By the Doors)


Fifty Years Ago.

15.  LIGHT MY FIRE--  Jose Feliciano     #3    His biggest hit.A whole new take on the Doors classic.

14.  SOMEBODY CARES--  Tommy James & the Shondells     #53   Never heard it before, but it grows on you.  Typical James pop.  Tommy James was born Tommy Jackson in Dayton, Ohio, in 1947.

13.  1, 2, 3 RED LIGHT--  1910 Fruitgum Co.    #5   Went from #36 last week to #13.    How about having this song, #11 and "Sunshine of Your Love" on the same chart at the same time?  I don't care, I love my Bubble Gum Music!!

12.  GRAZING IN THE GRASS--  Hugh Masakela    #1   His biggest hit.  More cowbell.  We need more cowbell!!!

11.  AUTUMN OF MY LIFE--  Bobby Goldsboro   The "King of Schmaltz."  "Honey" anyone?  But you can't help but hum along.  He seems to be more into painting nowadays.  I did really like "Little Things"  (#13-1965).

Name That Tune (from the above songs):    "Ev'ry Time I Try To Prove I Love You."  Answer below.  RoadDog

HOW COME:  There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

"1, 2, 3 Red Light"

No comments: