Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Well, It's High School Football Season Again


And, I missed the first one, let's just blame it on the afternoon game of the Cubs and $1.50 draft pints at Sunnyside Tavern in Johnsburg.  I go to them unless it is bad weather.

***********************
Anyway, I back these six teams

RICHMOND-BURTON Rockets  Our local high school and where lots and lots of our money goes in property taxes.  I'm pulling for my money.

GRANT High School Bulldogs in Fox Lake, Illinois.  We kept out boat there and it was like our town all these years.

ROUND LAKE Panthers   I taught in Round Lake at the middle schools for 33 years and we lived in Round Lake Beach for 17 years.

PALATINE Pirates    Where Liz and I graduated in 1969

JOHNSBURG Skyhawks  We hang out a lot in Johnsburg these days and the school is just two miles directly south of our house.

MT, CARMEL Caravan, Chicago.  Ex-NIU quarterback Jordan Lynch is coach.

Where Else You Want To be On a Friday Night With Good Weather?  --RoadDog

STATE OF THE JOKE:  California    What is every Californians favorite part of winter.  Watching all the bad weather on TV.    (That is unless they aren't being shaken about or sliding off the hillside in a  mudslide.)


No comments: