Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 19, 2019

Looking For Woodstock, or, Dumb Ol' Me


As for me, I didn't know anything about Woodstock until it was going on, and I heard a report on WLS.  I, of course, was a huge music fan and especially of my absolute favorite group back then, Creedence Clearwater Revivial.  And, they were headliners.

I hadn't heard where it was (and certainly not it being in New York) and figured since it was at Woodstock, it must be Woodstock, Illinois.  This place was only about 25 miles away from Palatine so I figured why not go see CCR.

I actually drove to that town and....  Well, you can guess what happened.

A senior moment as a junior.

No Woodstock Music Festival for Me!!!  --RoadDumb

STATE OF THE JOKE  (from the Wassup magazine):   An Alaskan was on trial in Anchorage.  The prosecutor leaned menacingly toward him and asked, "Where were you on the night of October to April?"

No comments: