Thursday, August 1, 2019
WLS Top 40 for August 4, 1969-- Part 3: "Lay Lady Lay"
(D) means Debut.
30. GET TOGETHER-- Youngbloods #5 The ultimate hippy peace song in my book. The song of the time. This one topped out at #62 in 1967, but was used in the National Conference of Christians & Jews in 1969 and did much better. Their only Top 40 out of two Top 100 songs.
29. EASY TO BE HARD-- Three Dog Night (D) #4 Another song from "Hair." That soundtrack was loaded with great songs.
28. LAY LADY LAY-- Bob Dylan (D) #7 Bobby goes country One really pretty dirty song. When Liz's parents found out she had bought this single for me, they took it away from her. She had to sneak another copy to give me. Wonder why?
27. WHAT DOES IT TAKE-- Jr. Walker / All Stars #4 Always takes me right back to the summer of '69. One of the best Soul songs ever.
26. TRUE GRIT-- Glen Campbell (Someday Little Girl) #35 From the movie of the same name. Go get 'em Rooster!!!
Name That Tune (from the above songs): "How Can People Be So Heartless, How Can people Be So Cruel." Answer below. --RoadDog
"Easy To be Hard"