Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Getting In the Yule Spirit-- Part 5: Christmas Songs, Christmas Parties, Bands, the Civil War and CDs


FRIDAY, DECEMBER 20

The Drive (WDRV, 97.1 FM, Chicago) did their Ten at Ten on A Merry and Bright which were ten Christmas songs, many of which you don't often hear.

I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS--  Greg Lake
HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS--  America
I SAW MOMMY KISSING SANTA CLAUS--  John Mellancamp

FROSTY THE SNOWMAN--  Ronettes
WINTER WONDERLAND--  REO Speedwagon
MERRY CHRISTMAS BABY--  Bruce Springsteen
THE RIVER--  Joni Mitchell

WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS TIME--  Paul McCartney
SILENT NIGHT--  Stevie Nicks
CHRISTMAS IS THE TIME TO SAY I LOVE YOU--  Billy Squier

WE went to the Sunnyside Christmas party in Johnsburg.  The place was packed and we had a duo entertaining.

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 21

Went to Crystal Lake for the McHenry County Civil War Round Table discussion group whose topic this month was Civil War engineers.  I, of course, talked about Maj. Gen. W.H.C. Whiting, CSA.  Someone should write a book about him.  Fascinating guy.  On the way home, I stopped at The Vinyl Frontier in McHenry, my local mom and pop record store.  I love these places and am sio embarrassed I missed Record Store Day this year.  Bought five CDs.

Liz and I went to the Squaw Bar in Ingleside for their Christmas party later in the afternoon and enjoyed the Average Joe Band.  Later to Sunnyside then home for "Star Wars: Attack of the Clones."

May the Christmas Parties Be With You.  --RoadDog

DID YOU KNOW:  A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.   Sometimes, I think I do as well.



No comments: