Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, January 11, 2020

WLS Top 40 for January 12, 1970-- Part 4: "Na Na Hey Hey"


I get the Billboard Hot 100 from Joel Whitburn's "Top Pop Singles 1955-1993."

25.  UP ON CRIPPLE CREEK--  Band     #25    A very different sound from this group.  I became a fan right away.  Their highest ranking hit.

24.  NO TIME--  Guess Who     #5   Love the introduction of this great break-up song.  Formed in Winnipeg, Canada, in 1963.

23.  NA NA HEY HEY--  Steam     #1    Written and recorded by studio musicians.  When it became a hit, they put together a band to go out and perform it.

22.  DOWN ON THE CORNER  #3  / FORTUNATE SON  #14--  Creedence Clearwater Revival.  My all-time favorite band.

21.  I WANT YOU BACK--  Jackson 5     #1   My favorite Jackson 5 song.  This one always gets me ta'Moving!!  Their first hit and first of four straight #1s and two #2s.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "A Drunkard's Dream If i ever Did See One."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Up On Cripple Creek"

No comments: