Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, January 20, 2020

I've Seen Just One Best Actor Nominee and No Best Actresses


This happens every Academy Awards show to me.  When the nominees are announced, I haven't seen many in any category.  This is usually because the movies weren't shown at my local theaters or were out for just a very short time.

As I said in a previous post, I only saw two of the Best Picture nominees:  "Ford v. Ferrari" and "Joker."

The only Best Actor nominee I saw was Joaquin Phoenix for "Joker."

***************************

BEST ACTOR NOMINEES

Antonio Banderas ""Pain and Glory"
Leonardo DiCaprio  "Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood"
Adam Driver  "Marriage Story"
Joaquin Phoenix  "Joker"
Jonathan Pryce  "The Two Popes"

**************************

BEST ACTRESS NOMINEES

Cynthia Erivo  "Harriet"
Scarlett Johansson  "Marriage Story"
Saoirse Ronan  "Little Women"
Charlize Theron  "Bombshell"
Renee Zellweger  "Judy"

Hopefully, my local theaters will bring most of these back again.

--RoadDog

TAX FACTS:  There are at least 480 different tax forms, each with many pages of instructions.

No comments: