Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, January 17, 2020

Well, It's Oscar Time Again, and, As Usual I Haven't Seen Many Nominees


From the January 14, 2020, Chicago Sun-Times "Nominees in Top Categories."

Now, I know I only saw 38 movies at the theaters last year (and four so far this year) and that is considerably less than the 52 or more I usually see.  But, come on, I only saw TWO of the movies nominated for Best Picture.  And, there were nine movies nominated.

You'd think with 38 movies seen I might have seen more than two?

I only saw "Ford v. Ferrari" and "Joker."

The others nominated:

The Irishman
Jojo Rabbit
Little Women
Marriage Story
1917
Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood
Parasite

Now, I get to play catch up as Classic Cinemas and Regal Cinemas start showing the nominees.  As a matter of fact, I expect to see "1917," "Parasite" and "Jojo Rabbit" this upcoming week.

How Come I Don't Get to See These Movies on Release?  --RoadDog

TAX FACTS:  (From the Orange Peel Gazette)  The Gettysburg Address is 269 words, the declaration of Independence is 1,337 words and the Holy Bible is only 773,000 words (depending upon version)  However, the tax law (code) has grown from 11,400 words in 1913 to 7 million wods today.

No comments: