Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

WLS Top 40 for January 12, 1970-- Part 1: "My Belle Amie"


That's right, fifty years ago.  How time flies when you're having fun.

(D) means it is a debut.  The number after the artist is how high it got on the Billboard Hot 100 national charts.

40.  MY BELLE AMIE--  Tee Set    #5    (D)  One of my all-time favorite songs.  A different sort of song.  Their only Top 40.  Dutch quintet.

39.  HONEY COME BACK--  Glen Campbell      #19  (D)     Lesser known  A real cry-in-your-beer song.  A country "Honey"?   Who said country can't cross over?

38.  HOW CAN I FORGET--  Marvin Gaye    #41     (D)  I don't remember it at all, but great horns and that Motown sound, you know.

37.  BACK TO DREAMING AGAIN--  Pat Shannon   Peaked at 103.  I never heard it before, but this is a real good song.  The Grass Roots did a version, but Pat's is so much better.

36.  HOLLY HOLY--  Neil Diamond       #6     A follow up to "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show?"  He's got that Gospel feel.

Name That Tune (From the above songs):  "Where I Am, What I Am, What I believe In."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Holly Holy"



No comments: