Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, May 8, 2022

WLS Top Ten for Week of May 8, 1972: 'Suavecito'

These were the top ten songs in Chicago fifty years ago today.

1.  THE FIRST TIME EVER I SAW YOUR FACE--  Roberta Flack

2.  DAYDREAMING--  Aretha Franklin

3.  BABY BLUE--  Badfinger

4.  BACK OFF BOOGALOO--  Ringo Starr

5.  DOCTOR MY EYES--  Jackson Browne

6.  BETCHA BY GOLLY WOW--  Stylistics

7.  LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE FOR ME--  Al Green

8.  SUAVECITO--  Malo

9.  OH GIRL--  Chi-Lites

10.  RUN, RUN, RUN--  Jo Jo Gunne

*******************************

DEBUTS

20.  TUMBLIN' DICE--  Rolling Stones

26.  I'LL TAKE YOU THERE--  Staple Singers

27.  (LAST NIGHT) I DIDN'T GET TO SLEEP AT ALL--  Fifth Dimension

28.  THE CANDY MAN--  Sammy Davis Jr.

29.  NICE TO BE WITH YOU-- Gallery

30.  SONG SUNG BLUE--  Neil Diamond

I SAW THE LIGHT--  Todd Rundgren

IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME TIME--  Carpenters

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Now I Want To Understand I Have Done All That I Could."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Doctor My Eyes"


No comments: