Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, May 21, 2022

WLS Top 30 for Week of May 15, 1972-- Part 4: 'Betcha By Golly Wow'

Fifty years ago in Chicago.

15.  *TUMBLING DICE--  Rolling Stones      #7     Off their "Exile on Main Street" album.  What can you say about a band that's been around that long?

14.  *RUN, RUN, RUN--  Jo Jo Gunne     #27     A great Rocker.  Too bad it is just 2:35.  I could have used some more.  Their only Top 40.  Jay Ferguson was in this group.

13.  *I'LL TAKE YOU THERE--  Staple Singers    #1    Kind of like going to church.  

12.  BETCHA BY GOLLY WOW--  Stylistics    #3      A great wedding song if there's ever been one.

11.  DOCTOR MY EYES--  Jackson Browne      #8    Still my favorite song by him.  His first of many hits.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Now I Want To Understand I Have Done All That I Could."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Doctor My Eyes"



No comments: