Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Gas Gouge Getting Out of Control: May the Fourth Be With You, Donovan's Reef, Gas Gouge Shock

WEDNESDAY, MAY 4

How about this, 38 degrees this morning.  Welcome spring!  Bob Stroud did his Ten at Ten on Chicago's WDRV on "May the Fourth Be With You" for some reason.  Went to Donovan's Reef in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, and played trivia with Uncle Jeffie and, of course, enjoyed those half price (plus 25 cents) drinks from 4 to 6 pm.

On the way home, I was shocked at the price of gasoline at Rock Corner at the intersection of Illinois 173 and Wilmot Road.  I think I saw it listed at $4.70.  We've got to do something with these GRBs at Big Oil.

***************************************

THURSDAY, MAY 5

I set two new records today.  I drove to Bristol, Wisconsin,, and met the Magee teachers at the Bristol 45 Diner (it's on US Highway 45).  Gas on the way was $4.60 ($4.59.9) at Rock Corner, so I had made a mistake yesterday when I thought it was $4.70 (a whole ten cents cheaper).  My excuse is that I was shocked.  Gas at the three stations in Wisconsin was $4.20.

On the way home, I bought gas for the Dodge Dakota for $4.20.  This set a record for the highest I'd ever paid for gas.  Thanks GRBs.  Later, I cut the grass for the first time this year and unfortunately ran out of gas, so had to go to the Mobil station in Spring Grove and paid $4.60 for it.  A new record for highest gas for me.

Two Records in One Day!  Lucky Ol' Me.  --RoadDog


No comments: