Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 6, 2022

Gas Gouge Really Hits Home: Gas in Illinois to $4.60 and $4.20 in Wisconsin

Yesterday, the gas gouge really hit home in a big way.  Driving from home in Spring Grove, Illinois, to meet friends from my teaching days at the Bristol 45 Diner in Bristol, Wisconsin (just over the border), I saw that gas at the Rock Corner gas station at the corner of Illinois Highway 173 and Wilmot Road was the highest I've ever seen it, at $4.60 (well $4.59.9).

Sadly, I then passed three stations in Wisconsin, who had been at $4, but now were at $4.20.  That's the highest I've ever seen gas prices in that state.

On the way home, I filled up at one of the Wisconsin stations, of course, saving 40 cents a gallon.  But this was a new high price for gas for me that I have ever paid.

Later, I was cutting the grass when I ran out of gas in the tractor (we have an acre) and I had to go to the Mobil station in Spring Grove where that new record high gas price I had paid was broken when I had to pay $4.60.

These are not really the records I want to break, you know.

GRBs and Their Gas Gouge.  OUCH!!!

--RoadBroke


No comments: