Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Just Got Back from Indy

The reason why there were no posts this past weekend was that I was out of town on another trip to the Indy 500.  This was my tenth straight trip (not counting 2020 when it was held without spectators and in August because of the you-know what.

Always a great time and we have as good of a spot to stay as you can ger.  My friends park their RV at the American Legion Post 500, right across Georgetown Avenue which is next to the race track.  Can't get much closer than that.

We had bands at the Legion, lots of craziness in the camp area, and, of course, one of the best races ever and the first time in two years where things seemed a little more normal.  Last year, many of the weekend events were cancelled and only 138,000 allowed inside.  I understand Sunday they were only a few thousand shy of a sell out.

I'll be writing more about it in my RoadDog's RoadLog blog.

--RoadDog


No comments: