Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Beachin' Down in Myrtle Beach, SC

The SOS (Shaggin' on the Strand) Fall Migration is underway with lots of dancing and partying. Hope to get to it some day. I'm retired, but have a problem with the gas prices these days.

The Surf, 94.7 FM is having lots of parties and live broadcasts. Yesterday, they were at Judy's House of Oldies and had lots of Beach Music's finest entertainers on hand. Also yesterday Billy Smith had a great group on his show, William Dell and the Wee Jams. If you won't some great 50's Doo Wop music, this is your group.

Recently, the Surf pulled the Mike Harvey Oldies Show from the evening hours and put it in the wee hours because of complaints from Beach Music aficionados. They received lots and lots of complaints. The Surf had wanted to expand their listener ship and perhaps open Beach Music to Grand Strand visitors who were unfamiliar with it.

I listen to the Surf a lot while on the computer. If I want to hear an oldies show, I can get it around here. When I want my Beach Music, I Want My Beach Music.

Keep it Beach!! --RoadDog

No comments: