Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 15, 2008

JSS: Gas Gouge-- DVD/VCR Hooked Up-- Happy !00th GM-- Sun!!!

JSS-- Just Some Stuff.


1. GAS GOUGE-- I had to laugh, but President Bush says the consumers will not be gouged at the pump with Hurricane Ike causing Big Oil to close refineries in Texas. Then, AP was even better and said that Ike will push gas prices to near $4. Hey, we're already at $4.16 here in northeastern Illinois and the unfriendly Philips 66 on US-12 in Fox Lake even gouged to $4.26 yesterday, but are back to $4.16 today.


2. DVD/VCR HOOKED UP-- I've been putting this off since BEFORE THE THUMB, but Saturday, I got the new DVD/VCR up and running on the corner TV in Margaritaville. I hate doing new technology, that means reading instructions and learnuing new stuff. I'm happy to continue using what I have as long as I can. But sometimes you have no choice, likelightning putting the old VCR out of commission.

I was hoping that the hookup would be the same and was very careful to keep the wires straight. And, when I turned it on, it didn't work. A little wire jiggling later, and I was back on line. It's good to have cable and recording back again.

And, who knows, maybe I will even get around to using the DVD, but right now I am happy with my video cassettes.


3. HAPPY 100TH GM-- General Motors turns 100 tyears old tomorrow. Will Durant's experiment to see if people wanted more choice in their vehicles hits the century mark even though these are definitely not the best of times. I've always been a GM guy. All but four of my vehicles over the years have been GM: one Camaro, two Firebirds, two Malibus, and two Grand Ams. I use my GM Card in exclusion to all others. Have to run it up.


4. SUN!!!-- Finally got some today after three straight days of rain and lots of flooding which is much worse south of here. Saturday's Civil War Re-enactment in Lake Villa turned into a real quagmire of a mud march. See http://roaddogsroadlog.blogspot.com

Time to Go Boating. --RoadDog

No comments: