Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

JSS: Boating-- Fewer Beetles-- A-Walkin' I Will Go-- Gas Gouge-- Cubs-Sox

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. BOATING-- Having perfect weather the last two days and out both, for a total of 27 times for the season. Water's a little higher because of this weekend's rain. Plan to go out the next two-three days. Got to get them in as fast as possible as the season is fast-approaching the end.


2. FEWER BEETLES-- Continuing my Japanese beetle sweeps and am happy to report that each day, there are fewer. Let's export them back to Japan.


3. A WALKIN' I WILL GO-- About every other day I have been taking a walk around the neighborhood. Usually, it's around the two blocks. About one and a half miles.


4. GAS GOUGE-- Continues here, even though gas dropped to BELOW $4.10 today. Most stations at $4.08, even with the price of oil seemingly in free-fall (about time). Big Oil has that great Hurricane Ike excuse.


5. CUBS-SOX-- Here we are over half way through the month of September and both teams are STILL IN FIRST PLACE!!! Can you believe that. Yesterday and today, I watched both games in Margaritaville (my downstairs bar). Yesterday was great, with both winning. Today, not so great. Sox lost 5-1 to the dastardly Yankees, and the Cubs are losing to Milwaukee 6-1. Cubs magic number is 4 and Sox 10.

The big series will be the three games in Minnesota next week.

I watch the game on Comcast on the TV in the corner of the bar. The last two nights, the other game has been on Channel 26, WCIU, which does not come with out cable setup. But, I have a 13-inch TV on antenna rabbit ears. After February I won't be able to use it unless we get a converter. Guess I'll have to.

The Cubs DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT PITCH TO PRINCE FIELDER!!!

JUST SOME STUFF. --RoadDog

No comments: