Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Drive's A to Z-- Letter "I" -- Part 3

Playing "I Got a Name" by Jim Croce right this moment at 7:29 am.

Last several songs in order:

I Got a Line on You-- Spirit
I Get Around-- Beach Boys-- Great Cruisin' song
I Fought the Law-- Bobby Fuller 4
I Feel the Earth Move-- Carole King
I Feel Free-- Cream
I Feel Fine-- Beatles
I Drink Alone-- George Thorogood-- Well, not actually. He drinks with old Grandad, Jack Daniels, and Johnny Walker and others


Deejay Steve Downs just made the remark that one thing great about playing these alphabetically is the great variety of music styles you get. Hey, they just went from "I Got a Name" to "I Feel Good" by James Brown. Now, there's contrast. Now playing "I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues" by Elton John, a great Beach Music tune. You're not likely to hear these played together at a party very often.

On the subject of "EVIL."

The Drives's four songs beginning with the word evil:

Evil Ways-- Santana
Evil Wind-- Bad Company-- never heard of it
Evil Woman-- Crow-- a classic
Evil Woman-- ELO

Hey, wow, right now "Too Much to Dream Last Night" by the Electric Prunes. What a name for a group. Did they say I had too much to drink?


By the way, go to the website and see the entire list of songs playedso far. Guaranteed to bring back memories and I must admit there are a "few" that I've never heard of before.

Great Trip with the Classics. --RoadDog

No comments: