Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Been on the Road

Monday, we took Illinois Highway 47 around Chicago. Gas prices were $4 to $4.10 mostly, with one even $4.20.

At Champaign, we took I-74 to Indianapolis where we picked up I-70 and spent the night at Richmond, Indiana.

The next day, it was I-70 through Columbus and we did take the old National Road from Zanesville to Cambridge, Ohio. I'd been on it earlier this spring and this is a great drive. Ate a great pork tenderloin sandwich at Mickey's in Zanesville, which has been there since 1940. Great Y-Bridge in Zanesville and two S-Bridges.

Took I-77 south to West Virginia and paid our $3.75 to drive the turnpike. Spent the night in Mt. Airy, NC, Andy Griffith's hometown.

Two Lanin' and Super Slabbin'. --RoadDog

No comments: