Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Duh, Not Once, But Twice

Yesterday, buddy Trov came over and did a major bit of trimming on my trees which were much in need of it. Gone are the two nasty buckthorns and those menacing thorns of theirs. I mean, if I couldn't handle a little old thistle, what chance would I have against a two-inch long thorn?

He trims trees and cuts them down for a living when he is not volunteering time with the fire department in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, so really knows his stuff.

I have a "volunteer" tree growing on the west side of the house and asked Trov what kind it was. He said apple, judging from a couple apples hanging from it. Oh. Duh. I hadn't seen the apples (my excuse is I'm too busy avoiding the stinging critters who are in the yard in huge numbers. A few weeks back, I was stung four times in rapid succession when I blundered into a nest.).

Later, on the east side of the house, there was another question about another "volunteer" tree. This time, it was a crabapple judging from the crabapples hanging from it. Second Duh!!

I Can See Clearly Now. --RoadDog

No comments: