Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A-Boatin' I Will Go

I was out on Fox Lake today, marking the 22nd time of the season. And, that's not a bad number considering most of June was ruined by high water and the Chain's resulting closing for a couple weeks.

Then, I ended up in the hospital and then was recovering most of July. I did make it out about 4 times that month.

In August, I started catching up. I even went out twice over the Labor Day weekend, something we don't usually do because of the huge number of boaters, or, as we call them, weekend warriors. Saturday and yesterday, however, we were only out for a short time and in the morning.

So far this year, I've only used 15 gallons of gas, which I buy at stations since it is about a dollar more on the water. Most of the time, we just float. listen to the Drive, 96.9 FM, Classic Rock, and read. Actually, I read and Liz works crosswords.

A boat is a big waste of money, but an enjoyable waste. But, you need to get out and use it. You've heard of it as a big hole in the water down which people throw money.

Shooting for 30 Outings. --RoadDog

No comments: