Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's Then, Not Me: So, Chicago Didn't Get It

It's Them, Not Me: Things That Really Burn my Butt.

It's all over the news, folks in Chicago are crying. Hizzoner is disappointed, even the Oprah and Prez. couldn't save it.

But, not me. I'm happy Chicago did not get the 2016 Olympics. The people of Chicago should be happy as well after the Mayor guaranteed the whole venture with city funds. Taxes are already astronomical in the city. Where would they have gone had there been a shortfall? How much more can folks pay for parking or messing up on those money-making red light cameras? Sales tax is already over 10%. What next, 20%?

Then, there would be the hassle involved which would be endless.

On top of that, I am not an Olympics fan and rarely watch when we get inundated with it every two years. Plus, I have seen the ticket prices in the past and it would seem this event is primarily for the rich folks. I sure wouldn't have paid that amount to see these games.

I Guess That Didn't Hurt as Much as It Might Have. --RoadDog

No comments: