Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Where Were You October 4, 1968?-- Part 4

BABY COME BACK-- EQUALS-- one of the band members, Eddy Grant, had a hit in the 80s with "Electric Avenue." (This is what I call a "Chugging" song.)

HEY JUDE-- BEATLES-- one of the biggest records of the year, if not the era. Two sided hit. This is the "A" side. (A song that I thoroughly hated because they played it over and over and over again. Grounds to change station. But, I have to admit I kind of like it now.)
REVOLUTION-- BEATLES-- "B" Side

SHAPES OF THINGS TO COME-- MAX FROST AND THE TROOPERS-- one-hit wonder on Rock and Roll Roots Vol. 7. (If I recall, I think it was from a movie called "Shapes of Things" where the young people rules the land and no one was allowed to live after 30, but that was a long time ago.)
ON THE ROAD AGAIN-- CANNED HEAT-- great psychedelic blues (absolutely great road song)

SOUL DRIPPIN'-- MAUDS-- Featured horn section of CTA and on Rock and Roll Roots Volume. (Another great Chicago band that could really do soul music even if they were white.)

FIRE-- CRAZY WORLD OF ARTHUR BROWN-- Number One in Chicago. Another one hit wonder. "(Loved the start of it, "I am the god of hellfire and I bring you...")

Some Great Memories. --RoadDog

No comments: