Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Songwriter Chip Taylor

Along with Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots, Sundays on WDRV in Chicago, I also tune into Little Steven's Underground Garage from 9-11 PM Sundays on WXRT and Tom Marker's Bluesbreakers Mondays from 9 to 10 PM on XRT as well.

A few weeks ago, Little Steven was doing a show on song writers and did a bit on Chip Taylor, a writer I had never heard of, but I have certainly heard his work.

Probably the two biggest songs of his career as per ranking and sales were "Wild Thing" by the Troggs and "Angel of the Morning" by Merrillee Rush and Juice Newton.

Besides those two, others written or co-written by Taylor include:

I Can't Let Go-- Hollies (one of my favorites by them)

Step Out of Your Mind-- American Breed (follow up to "Bend Me, Shape Me" and a great little Chicago 60s band.

Try (Just a Little Bit Harder)-- Janis Joplin

Sweet Dream Woman-- Waylon Jennings


ALSO

He was born John Wesley Voight, the younger brother of actor Jon Voight and uncle of actress Angeline Jolie.

Well, I Just Didn't Know. --RoadDog

No comments: