Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Beatlemania 46 Years Ago

This past Sunday, April 4th, Bob Stroud did a Roots Salute to the Beatles, who, on April 4, 1964, not only had the Top Five songs in the US, but a total of 12 efforts on the Top 100. No group has ever come close to matching that before or after.

The Beatles were absolutely everywhere and then there was the unbelievable merchandising campaign that accompanied it.

Stroud played all 12 of the songs in order:

#74 Thank You Girl
# Roll Over beethoven (I didn't get this ranking)
#65 You Can't Do That
#58 All My Loving
#46 Do You Want to Know a Secret
#41 From Me to You
#31 I Saw Her Standing There
#5 Please Please Me
#4 I Want to Hold Your Hand
#3 She Loves You
#2 Twist and Shout
#1 Can't Buy me Love

That is an amazing record and Bob said that the following week they had two more, with 14 songs in the Top 100, but had lost the Top 5, which is why he chose this weekend to feature it.

It Was a Beatle, You Wouldn't Understand. --RoadDog

North-South Differences: In the North (or Nawth) you have coffee houses. In the South you have Waffle Houses, or as my nephew calls them, "Awful Houses." I think he once ate at one when he had not been out partying at UT.
#4

No comments: