Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just Got Back-- Part 2

Drove into Round Lake and picked up Terri, a teacher I taught with for over twenty years, an we went to the IEA headquarters in Libertyville, where we caught a motor coach to Springfield, taking the Tri-State to I-355 to I-55 where we then paralled Route 66 to Springfield.

There were eleven teachers from Round Lake, including one from the high school and Ellis that I knew and another teacher from Magee Middle School where Terri still teaches and I taught for 31 years before we moved to another building.

We stopped at an excellent rest area south of Pontiac with views of a creek and picnic tables. I just might get off 66 someday and pack a picnic lunch to eat here. Definitely an enjoyable spot. I enjoyed looking at various signs for Route 66 along I-55 as I am usually doing the driving and we are running on 66 anyway.

We arrived at the state capitol building at 11 am after a four hour ride.

A R-e-e-a-a-l-l-y Big Rally Next. --RoadDog


1955 Comment: I see that some married women have to work outside the home to make ends meet.

No comments: