Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

And Speaking of Mines!!

Yesterday, I posted about the many mines that still are in the European waters. Later, while looking through the alerts, I came across this story from the April 27th BBC.

A live World War I three-foot-long bomb was found next to the Portsmouth Ferry pontoon. A diver found it underneath the Hayling Island ferry at the entrance to Langstone harbor which is located by the English Channel.

The bomb was checked by the Royal Navy and moved to deeper water where it was exploded.

Not surprisingly, service at the Hayling Ferry was suspended for a period of time.

I guess people were very lucky for all those years, but I am not aware of bombs of that size being dropped during World War I.

A Bit Frightening to Say the Least. --Cooter

Well, oops. This should have been posted on my Cooter's History Thing Blog But I Am Too Lazy to Retype It So Will Leave It.

No comments: