Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Them, Not Me: OK, I Sure Didn't Buy One

I'm getting a bit tired of reading and hearing about the NEXT BIG THING that around 300,000 plunked $499 or more down Saturday the first day the iPad went on sell. Possibly 4 million will be sold this year. More than 1 million applications(?) had been sold by Sunday. I take it an application is something else the thing can do. Do they have to pay extra for the applications? I take it that is what they are talking about when I hear something having apps.

Why do some people have to immediately get the NEXT BIG THING? Even when it costs considerably more to get it right away and before defects are completely known.

Plus, I hear it's rather bulky, certainly too big to put in a pocket or loop onto a belt.

Of course, my big problem is that I hate learning new technology, preferring to make do with what I know as long as I can. Probably why I still use cassettes and VCRs.

Like Detective Munch on Law and Order SVU said when he found they were getting new phones in the squad room, "Hey, I just learned how to use the old ones."

Things Moving Way Too Fast for Me. --RoadDog


Differences North and South.

In the nawth you have double last names. In the south you have double first names.

No comments: