Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's Them, Not Me: Property Taxes

I finally got up the courage to open my property tax letter for this year since it is due in 16 days, well the first half is anyway.

Even though my assessed evaluation went down a little over $2,000, my bill went up $11!!! You really should expect it to go down and by at least $100 to $200, but mine went UP!! Not by much, mind you, but since when does down equal up?

I was told that the $500 tax increase last year, even though the value of the house dropped by about a third, was because the taxes reflected two to three years ago. So, I have to do the proverbial Chicago Cubs wait until next year thing.

Maybe my ship will come in (or go out) next year.

So, think of me in two weeks when I have to write out a check for $4,185 and that's just the half of it.

Who Needs Money Anyway Except the Hedgie-Wedgies and GRBs. --RoadDog


Thought for the Day: The older we get the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

No comments: