Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Where Were You April 25, 1974?-- Part 2

Some songs compliments of Bob Stroud to bring back a memory or two.

(I'VE BEEN) SEARCHING SO LONG-- CHICAGO
BAND ON THE RUN-- WINGS-- my favorite big hit by Sir Paul. Always reminds me of driving the van from the Holiday Inn in Wheeling-Northbrook back and forth to O'Hare Airport.
OH MY MY-- RINGO STARR-- I definitely enjoyed ol' Ringo's post-Beatle output. The last two songs, of course, by ex-Beatles. I still have to think twice when spelling the insect by the same name.

LET IT RIDE-- BTO-- How do you get more rock than this? Great cruising-down-the-road tune.
MIDNIGHT AT THE OASIS-- MARIA MULDAUR-- How do you get less rock than this? Some kind of different song.

COME AND GET YOUR LOVE-- REDBONE-- Some Indian Rock.
I'LL HAVE TO SAY I LOVE YOU IN A SONG-- JIM CROCE--

TUBULAR BELLS-- MIKE OLDFIELD-- I don't know if this song or the movie scared me more.
HOOKED ON A FEELING-- BLUE SUEDE-- One of the best-ever starts to a song. When deejaying I was very likely to play the beginning two-three or more times in a row. Everybody say "Ooga Chaka."

JET-- WINGS-- Another Sir Paul effort.
THE SHOW MUST GO ON- THREE DOG NIGHT--

BENNIE AND THE JETS-- ELTON JOHN-- #1 song in Chicago.

Good Stuff, Lulu, Good Stuff. --RoadDog


Thought for the Day: If you think there is good in everybody then you haven't met everybody.

No comments: