Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 28, 2010

JSS: Playing That NTN-- CD-Rs and DVD-Rs-- Dockers' Party

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. PLAYING THAT NTN-- Liz and I spend way too much time playing this often maddening game. So far this week, on my birthday, Monday, we played at Hello Folks in Fox Lake. We keep records if we have a Top 20: #10, #4 Parrot #20 and #16.

Tuesday was a multi-birthday party for three of us at Donovan's in Twin Lakes: #9, #1 Imotis #6 Parrot #19, #3 Dazed #13, #2, #8, #19, #14, #9 Roadog #8 and #1 Heliam #4.

Yesterday, it was back to Donovan's for the buy one draft at $2, get one free Thirst Thursday, half-price pizza regular day: #5 Babs #4 Parrot #18, #10, #14, #6 Parrot #14 Roadog #15, #10, #2 Parrot #1 Whodah #6 Malibu #8, #15, #6 Malibu #5 and #14.

We need to get a life.


2. CD-RS AND DVD-RS-- Wednesday, we stopped at Office Max in McHenry so Liz could get ink cartridges and I stocked up on their $15 special 100 CD-R spindles so got two to add to about six others I have. As of yet, I have never recorded a CD, but the days of my cassette tapes, which I still use, are rapidly drawing to an end.

I also got a 100 spindle DVD-R even though I've never recorded on those either.

Sadly, there is a good chance that both of these will be relegated to the old technology junk heap before I even record one.


3. DOCKERS' PARTY-- I was planning to see the new "Shrek Forever" movie, but stopped by Docker's in Fox Lake to see if any of my old teaching buddies were there and welcome them to their temporary "retiredom."

Well, that hour turned into a fast four hours. I was glad to see that both middle schools were there since they've been split for two years now. As a result, there were plenty from both, including two of my old team members, Suzanne and Diane. Greg was also there. He is the guy who took my place, even though he is several months older than me.

Hollis will be retiring in two more years. The Mack was there also. He is as crazy as ever although looking considerably older.

Sure Hard to Believe I've Been retired for a Full Four Years Now!! --RoadDog

No comments: