Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pretty Good Weekend-- Part 2-- It's a Radio Thing

Sundays I normally stay off the old 'pute and catch up on my journal while listening to Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots (WDRV 96.9 FM) and Rick Jackson's Country Hall of Fame (WMIL 106.1 FM). Bob Stroud was playing songs that charted higher in the UK than US for The Who in honor of Pete Townsend's 65th birthday, May 19th.

Stroud played quite a few Who songs I hadn't heard of before. It was amazing how much success they had in Britain where there was no carry over to the US. It wasn't until their sixth single "Happy Jack" that they were able to crack the US Top Forty.

Rock and Roll Roots is from 7 to 10 am on Sundays and can be heard streaming at www.wdrv.com.

Rick Jackson's show is on WMIL out of Milwaukee and is also 7 to 10 am. I generally listen to one or the other and sometimes record one (on my CASSETTE TAPES) and listen to it later. Both shows give lots of interesting information.

Today, I lost reception on Jackson's show after about 30 minutes (we are right on the fringe of the reception area) and I listened to another great show, Terri Hemmert's Breakfast with the Beatles on WXRT, 93.1 FM. It is also Sunday mornings. If there is anyone who knows more about the Beatles, I'd sure like to know who. She probably even knows more than Bob Stroud and that's saying a lot.

I'll Have to Continue This Tomorrow Since I Got Off on a Bit Too Much Radio. --RoadDog


Thought for the Day: If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

No comments: