Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Just Some Interesting Stuff: MTV Loses Music-- Good Work If You Can get It-- 3d Pop

Just Some Interesting Stuff-- Interesting Tidbits


1. MTV LOSES MUSIC-- First, they stopped promoting music videos, now they have removed the words "Music television.' Too bad. I really liked that station when we got cable back in the 80s.


2. GOOD WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT-- I see that new Chicago Bear Julius peppers just bought former Bull B. J. Armstrong's 12-room, 5,923-foot home in Highland Park for $1.8 million. I guess it helps when you have a six-year $91.5 million contract. How much does a Bears ticket cost now?


3. 3D POP-- Personally, I don't like 3D and see the movies in 2D when I can, but the kids like it. It seems a whole lot of movies are in 3D these days. A look at 3D movies as a percentage of box office grosses between, 2009 to April and 2008 shows 2008 at 3.2% and today 19.1%.

Just Some Interesting Stuff. --RoadDog

2 comments:

Empoprises said...

During my first summer after graduating from college, I was unemployed. I was living in Portland, Oregon at the time and spent some of my time watching cable. I saw a lot of Cubs games (because Portland didn't have its own baseball team, and WGN was available on cable) and ended up watching the then-new MTV. Back then, the idea of a 24 hour video jukebox was extremely entertaining. Then MTV began to branch out, with VH1 for the older folks and various other MTV channels. I haven't watched MTV in years because it doesn't have anything that interests me. I'm sure there's some old-timer in the MTV buildings that is protesting the dropping of the "Music Television" name, but the oh-so-wise programmers are just hoping that this person will pipe down long enough so that the programmers can conceive another bad reality show.

RoadDog said...

I sure can relate.

I thought having the videos and watching the groups was absolutely great. I wished we'd had it back in the 60s and 70s when I especially related to the music.

Then, they started dropping the music videos and then, like you say, those horrendous stupidality shows.