Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Every Blooming THing-- Early July

The daylillies and tall phlox are taking forefront on the color front.  Plus, most of the mums are in bloom but I will soon have to cut them back so I'll have fall bloom, the most important one.  Hostas are putting out their flowers as well.

Really getting tired of watering with this drought we're having.  I keep the perennials, annuals and bushes watered.  The only trees I water are the birches which I found out the hard way back in the heat wave and drought of 1988, that they die when conditions get like this.

As far as the yard, the only grass I water is over the septic lines.  I also found out the hard way eight years ago that grass over the lines does not come back after extended drought.  The rest of the grass greened up quickly when the drought broke, but it took me three years to get the septic line grass growing again.

The Japanese beetles, the little varmints, are back again.

I Hate Those Guys.  --RoadDog

No comments: