Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Fratellos ' "Chelsea Dagger"

And, speaking of music, WXRT is playing "Chelsea Dagger" by the Fratellos at this moment, 7:32 AM.  I just played it last night at the Fox Lake Legion.  I'd never heard the song before until the Blackhawks made that great run to the Stanley Cup in 2010.  This was the song they played after every goal.

I went looking for the album, well, CD, and couldn't find it anywhere.  However, right before they won the Cup, we did find it in a used record/CD store in Columbia, Missouri, and played it all the way to the Lake of the Ozarks where we were nearly the only ones cheering the Hawks on to that final win, but we were heard, believe me.

Played it almost all the next day (the rest of the album is great as well).  It was a magic time for Chicago fans.

We later joined the Illinois Route 66 Tour and after the Saturday Hall of Fame Induction and dinner, I sang it at the karaoke show in the lounge.  Now, I knew I would have no problem with the "Duh, duhda, duh, duudah, duh" part, but knew the rest would be bad. It was.  That guys sings real fast and I don't read so fast.

Didn't Stop Me None.  --RoadDog

No comments: