Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

On the Road

I sure put on the miles the last two days, traveling 1,170 miles through six states on Il-47, I-74, I-70, US-40, I-77, I-40, US-17, NC 210 and NC-50.

Got to eat at one of the two places I had wanted to, Skyline Chili north of Dayton, Ohio.  Unfortunately, Snappy Lunch in Mount Airy, NC, is closed for the week.  So, none of those great porkchop sandwiches for me.

Gas went lower, the whole trip.  Strange how the farther you get from Chicago, the cheaper the gas gets.  The highest at Woodstock, Illinois, at $3.80. It stayed between $3w60 and $3.70 most of the wat from Woodstock to Morris.   The very lowest was in Mount Airy at $3.07.  Gas was actually reasonable in West Virginia for a change.

Spent Tuesday night at the Super 8 Motel in Zanesville, Ohio.  My treat was driving the 24-mile US-40/National Road from Zanesville to Cambridge, one of my favorite stretches of road anywhere.

Rained much of the way through North Carolina.

Taking a Day Off Today. --RoadDog

No comments: