Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, July 9, 2012

So, It's Come to This

Sad to say, but earlier today, we pulled the boat out of the water here on the Chain of Lakes here in northeastern Illinois.  In our 27 years of boating we've never had to pull the boat out because of low water.

The water level all over keeps dropping and our boat is in a very shallow channel by Dino's Den and 92 East to begin with.  I'm going to be out of town for awhile and am worried that when I return, the boat will be stuck in the mud if this drought continues.

Plus, I have been watering the trees and plants a whole lot of late, trying to tide them over until rain finally comes.  Once I'm out of town, I don't see much hope for anything in the yard unless we get some welcome rainfall.

Come On Rain!!  --RoadDog

No comments: