Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hey, Comics Talking About Me-- Part 1

From the December 7, 2012, Chicago Tribune.

FOR BETTER OR WORSE

FIRST FRAME:  Ellie and friend are out shopping with their kids.  Her friend's son is looking at a rack of war toys, pointing and saying  "Mom! Mom!--  I Want Dat!!"

SECOND FRAME:  His mom says, "No, Christopher-- I will not allow you to own toys that promote violence."

THIRD FRAME:  Walking away, Ellie's daughter, Elizabeth sticks her tongue out and says, "Nyaah, Nyaah."

FOURTH FRAME:  The boy was holding a pet monkey toy and hauls off and whaps Elizabeth on the back of her head with it.

I don't know, I always had war toys and played with them all my youth and I don't think I turned out so bad.  And what about the video games these kids will be playing.  You want to talk about your graphic violence.

Toy Gun No Good.  Mortal Combat OK.  --RoadDog


WISDOM OF CHILDREN:  Felt-tip markers are not good to use as lipstick.



No comments: