Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, March 18, 2013

That Old Weed Whacker of Mine

Today, in my Cooter's History Thing Blog, I wrote about the death of George Ballas, who died June 25, 2011.  He invented the  first string trimmer.  Go to the blog to find out what inspired him and what he did.

Anyway, that got me to thinking about something I've got out in the garage hanging up on the wall.  It's my old 25-year-old Weed Whacker (or is Wacker?).  I probably haven't used it in 12 years and maybe it doesn't even work anymore. 

But, it did bring "fond" memories back.  First, it was an electric one (cheaper) and you had to maneuver that cord around.  Not as bad as the electric hedge clippers which are another story for another day, mind you.

And, then, there was that "Easy Feed" device at the bottom.  Just tap for more string.  That rarely worked for me.  And just try to manually feed it.  If there had been a curse tip jar, I could have gone out a lot.  And, I always managed to find and attack things that would break that string.

Now, along with the Weed Whacker, I also have a huge ball of replacement string.  If you think untangling Christmas lights is a fate worst than death, take a "whack" at that.

I should go ahead and get rid of both, but they just look so right hanging there.

Hey, It Might Be a Collectible Some Day.  --RoadDog


TOO PUNNY:  A soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray can be said to be well seasoned.

No comments: