Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Getting My Music On-- Part 1: Soul Asylum and Cover Bands (CCR and Eagles)


Right now listening to my Grave Dancers Union CD by Soul Asylum.

Tomorrow, they will be playing at Lake in the Hills, Illinois' Sunset Park as part of their Ribfest Festival. I remember them as having a big hit back in the 1990s with "Runaway Train." The back cover says 1992, so I was right. I also really liked their "Somebody to Shove."

Let someone cut into the rib line....

The second cut was good also. I don't know about the cover art, though.

Anyway, they cap off two Tribute Bands during the late afternoon, early evening: Fortunate Sons (CCR) and Heartache Tonight (Eagles). And then, there is all that great corn on the cob and, of course ribs. Should be a great day.

And, at $5 a head to get in. Great Deal. Of course, hopefully, we'll be able to afford the gas which really spiked around here yesterday!!

Food and Music!! Sign Me Up!!! --RoadDog

No comments: