Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Where Were You July 7, 1973?-- Part 2


I was driving around my (well, soon, our) 1973 Ford Pinto which we had bought for $2200 at a Ford dealer in DeKalb. That was a HUGE amount of money for us.We traded the '63 Ramblin' Wreck in on it.

And, I was either still living in Palatine at Liz's parents' place or perhaps we had gotten the apartment in Des Plaines by then. I'm not too sure on the particulars.

By now, I had given up on getting a teaching job and looking for anywhere my career might take me. I hated the way I was treated at the teaching job interviews (well, the few I could even get). Liz was back home as well and looking for a teaching job while working at General Finance Corporation (a loan company) in Evanston. The Home of "Friendly Bob Adams."

We were getting married August 25th.

Then, There Were Those Great Songs Playing Back Then, All Those 40 Years Ago.

A Real Busy Time.  --RoadDog

No comments: