Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Songs For Summer 2013-- Part 5

SUMMER SUN--  JAMESTOWN MASSACRE--  It wouldn't be our summer show without this one.  Summer of '72.  (And a local Chicago band)
SUMMER--  WAR--  1976

GRAZING IN THE GRASS--  HIGH MASAKELA--  Summer of '68
IN THE SUMMERTIME--  MUNGO JERRY--  Summer 1970  (And my pick for fave summer song.)

WALK DON'T RUN '64--  VENTURES--
SUMMERTIME BLUES--  BLUE CHEER--  '68  (Hard Psychedelia?)

GONNA HUSTLE YOU--  JAN AND DEAN--  They recut theirNew Girl in School" from 1964 as this in 1975.
YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MOUTH--  MEATLOAF--

SUMMERTIME--  BILLY STEWART--  Great version of it from 1966
DAYDREAM--  LOVIN' SPOONFUL-- 1966

ALL SUMMER LONG--  BEACH BOYS--


Intro Songs:

SUMMER WIND--  FRANK SINATRA
I LOVE BARBECUE--
BEACH PARTY TONIGHT--  ANNETTE FUNICELLO--  (Sigh)

And, don't forget, tomorrow, July 7th, from 7 to 10 AM on WDRV in Chicago, Bob Stroud does his second installment for the Summer of 1973, 40 years ago.  It streams.


WORDS TO LIVE BY:  I am grateful for all of my problems.  After each one was overcome, I became stronger and more able to meet those that were still to come.  I grew in all my difficulties. --James Cash Penney   You may remember him better for his stores, J.C. Penney's.

No comments: