Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

About Those 4th of July Lights-- Part 1: Making My Own Light Strands


Liz brought up the question why I didn't put up 4th of July lights like I do for Halloween and Christmas a couple weeks ago. That got me to thinking that about eight years ago, I had taken some red, white and blue C-7 and Italian light sets and painstakenly removed bulbs to make red, white and blue light strands.

I still say I've got to get a life. And, just like when you mess with regulat Christmas light strands, you haven't lived until you remove 2/3 of the lights and often have to pull the Italian light bulb out of its socket holder and replace it to fit a different light strand.

The C-7s weren't too bad, just a process of unxrewing bulbs and screwing them into other strands. I even had two strands of chasing and 8-function lights.

More Fun Than You Can Believe. --RoadDog

No comments: