Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

40th Anniversary of the Bar Code

I have been writing about it in my history blog the last several days.

That sure made the lives of grocery store check out folks much easier.  And now, they are trying to get us regular folks to scan those codes ourselves.  I was extremely apprehensive at first, but have since done it many times and it is not so bad.  But, I usually do it only when the regular check out lines are too long or if I only have a few items.

I'm a semi-literate bar coder.

But, speaking of bar codes, we have a chain of discount stores here in Illinois called Aldi and those checkers are the fastest I've ever seen.  They can scan that code and put it in my basket faster than I can put items on the conveyor belt.  I generally wait until someone goes ahead of me so I can have a chance to get my stuff up there before the things are checked out.

Beep, Beep, Blip.  --RoadDog


WHY TEACHERS TURN GRAY EARLY (Selected test answers):  Q;  If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and 3 oranges and four apples in the other hand, what would you have.  A"  Very large hands.


No comments: